Thursday, April 17, 2014

NO EXCUSES, NO LIMITATIONS

This past winter Jenn, a mother of four, came to me and asked me to train her for a fitness competition in April.  First let me just say that I DO NOT train bodybuilders or fitness competitors so I was very apprehensive.  Since Jenn was a long time client I wanted to help her achieve a new level of fitness.  So we began a twelve week journey that transformed her body…and her mind!

My philosophy towards training has always been to develop real world strength, power, and conditioning that is applicable to everyday life, sport, or career.   Most of the individuals we train here at VH are high level athletes, or individuals whose fitness is critical, and training is for a purpose not for show.  

I built a program and nutrition plan that would not only improve her physique but drastically improve her strength and fitness.  We incorporated heavy weights, HIT cardio sessions, explosive lifts and throws, and an insane amount of volume to increase muscularity.  Sometimes she trained 2-3 times per day.  At times I thought Jenn was going to quit on me but she never did.  For twelve long weeks she trained 5-6 days/week and her nutrition was perfect.  We started off on a high protein diet around 2200 calories and tapered our way down to about 1200 the last week before the competition.  

All I can say is that even I was surprised with the results and Jenn’s commitment to the program was the real reason she was able to make such a drastic change.  For twelve weeks she would eat, sleep, and live the training lifestyle.


BEFORE NUMBERS
Weight: 130.8  |  Body Fat: 23.2%  |  Muscle Mass: 33%
AFTER NUMBERS
Weight: 125.4  |  Body Fat: 17%  |  Muscle Mass: 36%



She is true living proof that there are NO EXCUSES, NO LIMITATIONS, not even for a busy mother of four who also works!  If you want to achieve a goal bad enough you have to work for it and make the time! For most of us limitations are just an illusion fabricated by our fears.

Congratulations Jenn you truly are our SUPER FIT MOM!  

-COACH JOE & THE VH CREW 

No comments:

Post a Comment