Monday, March 11, 2013

Coach Mikes "BIG BLOG" - Event Cancelled!


Hey everyone I recently found out that New Jersey Strongest Man has been canceled. So, now I just have to keep training and prepare for my next competition. This past Saturday we worked on 3 events the axle clean, tire flips, and stones. I have been working on my straight axle power clean without the continental technique. This past Saturday I worked up to 263 and came close to hitting 283. On the tire I hit the 900lb tire for 5 flips in 34 seconds, which is a time I feel I need to improve on. After that was a stone session, which was followed up by a Chipotle visit. 



On Monday I worked on my axle clean n press with the continental technique and worked up to 333. I attempted 363, I came close but missed it, so I have to continue to work my technique to improve this lift. Also I continued to Box squat with bands and I used 2 black/2 green bands. I worked up to about 6x1 and hit 475 on the bar plus bands. On Wednesday I worked on hang cleans and did some reverse hypers. Also this week I continued to work on my bench with bands and hit 4x2 with 325 plus 2 black bands. As you train from week to week you realize that there is always a need for constant improvement. Check back next week to see my lifts from this upcoming week.

No comments:

Post a Comment